Saturday, February 16, 2008

Crawling!


Lachlan has been commando crawling for about 3 months now. He has become so good at it. Apparently Jonathan did the same when he was a baby. We have heard a couple of times how important it is for babies to learn to crawl properly before walking. Jonathan's mum used to put a towel under him so that he would get up off his belly.
Last week, Lachlan started pulling himself up on everything, and it is amazing to see how competent he has become in that short time. It made me think that soon(ish) he will be standing by himself and then walking. I did a quick google and found lots of info about how important crawling is (hip, spine strength, also eye coordination, intellectual development). So, that morning while I was hanging washing out I put Lachlan down on the grass and straight away he got up and crawled everywhere! He still commando crawls mostly inside, but I am happy he is crawling.

No comments: