Ruth sent me this great website. I had read a bit of it and I like it!
BUT.....I remembered reading the following after I gave Lachlan some soup and bread......
Some folks believe in allowing their babies to experience different textures through food. I don't subscribe to that practice! If I wish my babies to experience different textures, I will use occasions apart from mealtimes to do that. Goop, playdough, water etc are all fun, and when experienced in a controlled way, can be beneficial (providing they don't eat it!). Mealtimes in our house, however, are for eating. I expect my older children to have good table manners. I would like to start going down that track, rather then have to go back and retrain later. A 9 month old is not going to have perfect table manners, nor understand why she would need to. However, I can start with a few basic rules, like no playing in our food and throwing it around!
Well Lachlan enjoyed his bread so much, after the first fistfull in the hair I just left him to have his fun!

BUT.....I remembered reading the following after I gave Lachlan some soup and bread......
Some folks believe in allowing their babies to experience different textures through food. I don't subscribe to that practice! If I wish my babies to experience different textures, I will use occasions apart from mealtimes to do that. Goop, playdough, water etc are all fun, and when experienced in a controlled way, can be beneficial (providing they don't eat it!). Mealtimes in our house, however, are for eating. I expect my older children to have good table manners. I would like to start going down that track, rather then have to go back and retrain later. A 9 month old is not going to have perfect table manners, nor understand why she would need to. However, I can start with a few basic rules, like no playing in our food and throwing it around!
Well Lachlan enjoyed his bread so much, after the first fistfull in the hair I just left him to have his fun!

3 comments:
I can see Lachlan's face but would have loved to see his daddy's face!
Lachlan really looks like his daddy with pumpkin soup all over his face!!!!
He's so gorgeous.
Heather
I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babysleepstudy.org or go to www.milestonesresearch.org and click on "Baby Sleep." Best wishes, Rebecca
Post a Comment