You are asleep at the moment, and so is your daddy. I am stealing away 5 minutes to write you this letter. You see, next week you will be 2 and I am getting excited thinking about celebrating the day you were born. I hope next Monday will be as sunny as the same day in 2007!
You are growing so quickly. I found a 'second molar' in your mouth yesterday. Your size 2 clothes which seemed to be so big only a month ago fit you well. You are learning so much too - like all your secondary colours, and you are pretending to read now, running your finger under the words of your Spot books. You are also learning to share, learning to play nicely with others, learning what you should and shouldn't do to other children. You have mostly bee very good at this, although at times it is almost like you are thinking 'what would happen if I do this'.
You talk and talk and talk. Sometimes it is difficult to understand a certain word, and you try so hard to say it again so that we can understand.
On Friday you saw your first rainbow and the next day you found a teddy bear in the clouds. I love seeing you discover things for the first time. I remember when you were a little baby, you were so fascinated by the water and little bubbles in the bath. You would stare and try to touch them. I love seeing that curiosity. I can't wait to see what things you will be interested in when you are older. Will you go through a 'dinosaur phase' where you will be able to tell all the facts about all the different dinosaurs....or a space phase, or a bugs phase?!
You love animals at the moment. You ask if they will be at church when we get there, and you talk about the day when you will get to go hunting with Daddy. You say 'Nol-nol, Daddy, hunting, bush, see deer and, and horse, and, and rooster, and, and cow, and, and zebra.....and the list goes on and on and on :)
I love you completely and find this whole being a mum thing challenging but am enjoying every minute of it. You are my boy and I am your mummy and nothing can ever change that, what a beautiful thing.
Love always and forever,
Mummy

7 comments:
made me cry! love you both!!!!
Beautiful!
Awww such a lovely idea!! Beautiful post!! I will have to get a pic of Daniel & Lachlan 'at two' after Lachlan's b'day... I still can't believe my little man is now 2?? Crazy!!
I know Frances...time is just flying way too fast!
What a lucky boy Lachlan is to have such a special mummy who loves him so much. What a lucky mummy Melanie is to have such a special boy who loves her so much. Together with Jonathon you all make such a beautiful family.
it makes me just go awww! Such a beautiful letter....
Oh..that's wonderful. You both look so lovely. :)
Post a Comment